Negligent Medical Treatment
Medical treatment that fails to work or causes injury is not always the result of incompetence. Reliance on a doctor who specializes in one area will not lead to proper diagnoses and treatment of medical problems in other areas.
Skilled And Dedicated New York Medical Negligence Attorneys
Assuming control of your health is an important step if you are taking medication or suffering from a serious illness. Medical malpractice lawyers Josh Gillette and Janet Izzo will empower you and educate you on your options, should serious injuries result from negligent medical treatment, including:
- Prescription/medication errors — Lack of experience and breakdowns in communication can lead to life-changing and life-ending errors. Prescribing the wrong medication or committing dosage errors for the right medication can result in serious side effects or death.
- Negligent treatment of diabetes — Diabetes is a manageable disease with the right care and support. Improper management by a physician can result in serious health problems. That negligence requires those who suffer from the disease to empower themselves and assert their medical and legal rights.
- Pediatric errors — Undiagnosed health problems involving children can lead to ongoing issues well into adulthood. The statute of limitations is 10 years or a child reaching majority. However, proactive legal action and medical care are vital to hold the negligent pediatrician accountable.
- OB-GYN malpractice — Relying on an OB-GYN as your primary care doctor ignores the myriad medical needs that women of all ages have. Unlike general practitioners, specialists are limited in their skills and can fail to diagnose illnesses and diseases outside of their specific areas of practice.
- Injuries from laser treatments — Laser surgery is a growing practice that is unregulated in the state of New York. Hair and tattoo removal can be done by anyone purchasing a device on the Internet and opening up a shop. Depending on how a “patient” will react to the treatment, burns and other damage to the skin can result.
Get Quality Legal Advice In Upstate New York
To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Syracuse attorney about the negligent medical treatment you received, call Gillette & Izzo Law Office at 315-421-1000 or complete our intake form online. We take all cases of negligent medical treatment on a contingency basis, so our clients do not pay legal fees unless we recover compensation.