Medical Malpractice Lawyer In Syracuse
Time is of the essence in filing a medical malpractice claim. Patients of private and nonprofit hospitals have two and one-half years from the incident to take legal action. Syracuse has two state-owned hospitals in the city. The victims of malpractice at SUNY Upstate University Hospital or Community General Hospital only have 90 days to file necessary paperwork to protect their right to bring a claim in the future. Special rules also apply to the Veteran’s Administration Hospital. Contact a medical malpractice lawyer today.
We Understand Birth Injury And Hospital Negligence Law In New York
A shorter statute of limitations reduces the time you have to take legal action. At Izzo Law Office, we proactively represent New York residents victimized by malpractice in private, nonprofit and municipal facilities due to:
- Misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis of cancer: A timely cancer diagnosis is crucial to a patient’s ability to choose and begin treatment. Any delay or misdiagnosis can have a traumatic effect on a patient’s life and recovery.
- Dangerous and defective medical products: Sometimes, a medical procedure can result in injuries despite the doctor’s best efforts. We assist clients who suffered injury from medical products ranging from pacemakers to replacement joints.
- Birth injuries: The greatest wish of prospective parents is to give birth to a healthy child. It is devastating to have your child’s health or well-being affected by medical negligence during birth. We help parents seeking recovery in these horrific scenarios.
- Misdiagnosis of illness: As patients, we rely on our doctor’s professional training to tell us what is wrong and to help us get better. Sometimes, a medical misdiagnosis results in injury or delays proper treatment. This is a form of medical malpractice for which you have the right to seek compensation.
- Hospital negligence: A patient expects to leave the hospital in better condition than when he or she entered it. Sometimes negligence by hospital staff results in new or further harm. We help victims of hospital negligence seek legal recourse.
- Negligent medical treatment: Even with a proper diagnosis, doctors and other medical professionals can negligently provide medical treatment. When a doctor’s negligence has injured you or a loved one, contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at Izzo Law Office.
- Nursing home negligence: When we leave our loved one in the care of a nursing home, we rightfully expect he or she will be provided competent and caring treatment. Unfortunately, this does not always occur, and our loved one suffers injury instead. We assist clients pursuing legal claims after nursing home abuse or negligence.